Student Group Services
Welcome Penn Engineering Student Groups! Please see the following guidelines to help you plan, coordinate and fund your Student Group activities for the FY 2019-20.
To request a copy of, or discuss your budget, please contact your advisor or Kim Marker at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to communicate to PEFS when you are expecting additional funding from any other source including: other schools, donors, gifts, etc.
Student groups should only use Penn-approved caterers. Penn Approved Caterers list.
Student Groups should only use Penn Marketplace to order supplies.
Guidance: Ordering Supplies or Using Outside Vendors
- Supplies purchased from non approved vendors are not tax reimbursable unless PEFS@seas.upenn.edu places the order for you. Contact PEFS@seas.upenn.edu for a list of vendors, if the desired vendor is not Penn approved, PEFS will set them up in the Marketplace as a vendor prior to booking your event or placing an order.
- Identify supplies and vendor including:
- Vendor Name
- Item number and description
- Unit Price
- Shipping location
- Submit the requisition directly through Marketplace or to PEFS@seas.upenn.edu
- PO Vendors submits the final invoice to AP for payment, this is an agreement made with Accounts Payable when they agree to be a PO Vendor
- Invoices for non PO vendors should be submitted to PEFS@seas.upenn.edu prior to the event, we will set the vendor up in the Marketplace for payment.
Guidance: Ordering Amazon Supplies
- Identify the item required on Amazon
- Send an email to PEFS@seas.upenn.edu containing:
- Amazon item description and link
- Shipping location
- PEFS will complete the transaction and respond with order information
Student Group Leadership must provide PEFS with contact information for:
- Group Advisors
- Any individuals approved to make purchases on behalf of the student group.
Penn Engineering student groups must have pre-approval for all off campus events from a faculty/staff advisor and PEFS. Student Groups that do not have pre-approval for their event may not be reimbursed. Student groups should provide PEFS with an itinerary of expected events at the beginning of each semester.
No event that can cause bodily harm will be reimbursed. These events include axe throwing, gun range, etc. If you think that your event is potentially dangerous, please contact email@example.com for guidance.
Student Groups cannot purchase gift cards and give them as gifts, awards, prizes or tokens of appreciation.